Pages

Tuesday 11 January 2011

If this is going to work, you'll need to know a little about me...

Welcome 2011. The year of creativity. The year of writing. The year of the Rabbit.

No, really, it's the year of the Rabbit.

What follows will be me. My thoughts and expectations. Some of my creative output. All sorts. Maybe like an old skool type of blog. The ones where you told people that you were going to visit granny. Bookmark it now folks, it's gonna be a hot ride.

I'm 33 (34 this year on March the 18th if you want to send me a card). I was born about 2 months premature weighing under 2 pounds. In 1977 I'm pretty sure they nearly threw me in the bin for scraps. Nowadays I'd have come out with ASBO in hand ready for a knife fight. 
I survived due to : 
  • Massive luck
  • The huge emotional input from my parents
  • The talent and dedication of the medical profession surrounding me
I don't mean to belittle the situation but, really, I'm just another DNA strand trying for the top spot. For what it's worth I'm happy to be here.

Only a moron would make further family details available. If I listed my parents names and my siblings' ages my bank account would be empty tomorrow and I'd have an entire Nigerian village trying to convince me I'd been selected to have 4 Million Dollars put into my account.

Needless to say, I'm the youngest of three. Grew up pretty much a single child due to the age gap between me, my brother and sister. Oh, and my sister being abducted by a religious cult. Go figure.

Went to an awesome secondary school. They got me. I got them. Massive love-in. Left with 5 GCSEs. All C. Sometimes amazing teachers and a loveable peer group are not enough. I'm just not an academic. I AM bright. I AM intelligent. I DO have an enquiring mind. I just don't pass exams. There is a difference. 

Enough for tonight. The teenage years start tomorrow. Fi
guratively speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment